The most significant driver of Employee Engagement is in how people are managed by their direct supervisor or manager. Increasing Employee Engagement can best be accomplished by effectively managing people. This People Management Skills section provides all the skills, tactics and process for anyone to become highly effective in managing people. Very extensive research was conducted to produce the People Management Challenges section. Some companies report having used this information to build their own in-house people management training.
1. Review the People Management Challenges below.
2. Select the Challenges that you need to work on – don’t try to do too much at once.
3. Pick the Actions and Implementation Ideas that best fit your personal style.
4. Set up your own Personal Action Plan on the form provided so that you can refer to it as you practice the new behaviours.
5. Start using the Monthly One to One Process – see guide below.